Friday, February 13, 2015

VD

I have to work on Valentine's Day. Bummer right? Oh no. we had a whole day planned for 2/13. 

And then..... 

Kid #1 forgot their glucometer.
No biggie right? Right. We dropped that off at the school and boom. Moving on.
That meant a day at the Magic Kingdom with my honey, sans kids. Whoo hoo.

Until...

After our second fast pass the middle school called to tell us Junior forgot to mention he needed more insulin that morning. Trip over even before we made it to lunch. Time to get back in the car.



 My new (to me) car, a white VW Rabbit

 The Cheshire Cat antenna fob. LOL, get it?


The King Cake I ordered on Wednesday! Yum!!

 I drank 2 of these at dinner to settle my nerves. Why, you ask???

This.
As we were driving back to get my son's insulin we ran into this accident on I-4. It was horrible looking. The car that hit the semi tractor trailer was almost unrecognizable. I always chant "Please be ok." when ever we pass by an accident, but this time it was too late. The body of the car driver was laid out next to the wreck, covered in a sheet. I cried. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but I cried for a complete stranger. There has been 2 times in the past where that could have been HHH when he had a seizure behind the wheel. Sadder still was someone getting a knock on their door with the horrific news that their loved one was gone. That thought made me cry more.

So there ya go. Friday the 13 totally harshed my Valentine's Day, but I hugged my husband and kids hard. You never know when that knock will come.

Hug your tribe, people. Hug them.

No comments: