Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writing

Writing, blogging, notating, story telling..... I just haven't been doing it as much as I used to. I blame that on having a job and taking up running long distances for charity. Back when I was unemployed, I had time to peruse the news channels and light on some topic that I felt I could add to with my oh so meaningful opinion. As I got older, I realized no one really gives a shit what my opinions were and I was just another annoying screechy voice in an internet full of trolls and cats. 

Now that I've had a few more years under my belt, (11/13/2007 was my start date) blogging has taken so many twists and turns. I got sponsored to write for a few companies with the accompanying swag. I set up a meet up/con when someone I knew from blogging moved to Florida. I joined a women's roller derby team and blogged about it. I fucked REALLY BADLY in 2013 and eventually blogged about that. The ups, the downs, the really weird.... I blogged it.

I used to write it every day. Now I'm lucky if I get to it once a week, It's not that I've lost the drive to write, I just lost the time. I train running at least 24 mikes a week when I work a closing shift. Add that to my kids all being teens and needing me for car pool, events, etc, and then of course wanting to spend time with HHH. That leaves precious little time for me to put an idea to paper. Of course, I usually can't remember my ideas for a post after 20 minutes if I don't write them down immediately. 

So what can I do? Maybe a photo blog? A one liner summary of my days? Who knows? 

I don't, but then, I just wrote a post about how I'm not writing posts, and that in itself is ironically hilarious.

Ba dum dum CHING!

No comments: