Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ow.


Madison bit the heck out of my arm yesterday. I was taking her to the litter box and she got spooked. When Maddie gets spooked, she digs in with all 4 paws full of claws. The more I tried to put her down, the more pissed off she got. Finally,  I had to make a decision. Either try to put her down nicely and risk losing an eye (a very real concern!), or continue to hold her and get her to the litter box and get bit on the arm. I chose arm damage over being blinded.

The photo doesn't do it justice. That was after I washed it with soap and water, doused it in peroxide, and sprayed it down with Bactine. When I finally separated Madison from my arm I was bleeding EVERYWHERE! It was running down my hand, dripping all over. I looked like I went 10 rounds with a zombie and lost!  It's pretty painful, but I'm thinking it won't get infected since I took so many precautions, plus I'm changing the bandages every day and redoing the cleaning process each time. Still gonna watch it though. I don't wanna lose my arm!

As for Madison and myself, we made our apologies to each other. Meh.... sometimes I get spooked too. I don't bite though.

No comments: