Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Revenge of the Arachnids!

About two weeks ago, I was bitten by a spider while working outside on my Boss's backyard plantings. I didn't notice it when it happened, but later that evening the back of my head started to swell and become painful. The huge welts were under my hair so you couldn't see them, but boy could you feel them! 

Ow. 

Ow. Ow.

OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

I kind of looked like this, except for the eye thing. 


Yup. My ear had been swelling up like that for the last 2 weeks. Like HUGE!! I took Benedryl and ibuprofin to battle the itchies and pain. I still went to work. I still ran. It was annoying, but life continued on as normal. Then one morning, I was scratching the now healing welt behind my left ear when my son asks me what's wrong. I tell him I am scratching the spider bite I got several days ago. Suddenly his eyes light up, and with a completely straight face he asks....

"So do you have any super powers now?"

And for the first time since it happened, I could laugh about looking like a freak and feeling itchy. 

No comments: