Thursday, August 7, 2014

SERIOUSLY?!?

Let me ask you good folks something. When you start at a new job, do you go in, look around, and then subsequently tell the folks who have been working there for a while that they are crazy, they're doing things wrong, you are going to do things YOUR way, and if you don't get your way you are going to bypass everyone and go directly to the bossman and get things changed???

Yeah. I didn't think so.

I was asked to join the two newest members of our little work team in a coup over the two ladies who have been there for the LONGEST time about a host of things like work hours, having to work the weekends, etc..... A lot of it didn't make sense to me. Anywhoo, I declined to join their little party. I'm no idiot. I have a great thing going here and I am in no way gonna screw up again like at the last one. I still felt a little uneasy, so I communicated my discomfort to my immediate superior. I don't like being put on the spot with high school BS. I'm 42 years old, for God's sake! Apparently that complaint made it up to the second in command because when she got home she assured me that my job will never be in jeopardy, I am a valued member of the team, and it was shitty of the two women to try & put me on the spot. (I thought so too)

So, the next week or so maybe a bit tense, but I have been told that I have no reason to fear reprisals. We'll see....

No comments: