Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Why Is It...



... when I commit myself to something, right before the clock hits zero hour I get so nervous I think I'm gonna puke? 

SERIOUSLY?!? 

This isn't cool. I have major butterflies right now about the 5K on Friday. I tell myself that I do a 5K every other day. It's my go to distance. I'm good at it. I can do it in under 16 minutes a mile.(NO LAUGHING!) Disney requires a 16 minute mile. I fit into their parameters.

But I am incredibly afraid the Golf Cart of Shame is going to get me. That I won't be fast enough and the sweep up squad that follows at the back of the pack will tap me on the shoulder and say, "Get on the cart, you're done."

I hate this voice in my head. It needs to GTFO. 

I can do this.
I will do this.
I will shut that voice up by ramming that finisher medal down its throat!

Because I can.

No comments: