Thursday, January 16, 2014

Move It!



I have to tell ya.....

I gained a LOT of weight. Yeah yeah, it happens during the holidays, but this was more than that. I had been depressed since being fired from my last job and when HHH was laid off we had too much stress and I caved in to temptation. I'm pretty chunky now. Since retiring from roller derby I haven't been getting enough exercise. I'm tired, my knees hurt, and I'm getting out of breath way too easily. 

That shit has to stop.

So I'm getting moving. I'm lacing up my sneakers and getting my butt outside. I'm starting slow, just walking at a brisk pace at the moment, but soon I'll be back to running like I used to. I need to get back to exercising. I was happiest when I was skating & training off skates. The exercise helped with my moods. It helped me sleep better. It made me an easier going person, and I miss that.

Today is Thursday, and I am up to 9 miles for the week so far. 

I just gotta get out and MOVE IT!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good for you!

Poppy said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :)