Saturday, December 7, 2013

Elvish

It's that time again. People are posting about their Elf on a Shelf and how "magical" it is, and how the kids "love" seeing where the elf is the next morning.

Just stop it. Stop it right now.

It's not cute. It's creepy. I remember many a Twilight Zone or horror movie that had dolls that moved. I have cleaned houses that had dolls and I swear they were looking at me with soulless, rage filled eyes, but this elf thing.... I have no words. Who wants to sleep in a house where a maniacally creepy cute doll is watching you while you sleep? Seriously?? No thank you.

I do have to say though, that I have enjoyed the photo posts some folks have made of that little bastard not being quite so angelic! 





At least the creep has good taste in whiskey.

So, to reiterate my point, JUST STOP WITH THE ELF!! Make a different holiday tradition, like me. Tomorrow I'm cleaning the bathroom mirror and then using oil ir wax to write 

"I'm watching you. Better be good for goodness sake!"

I'll take that Parent of the Year award now, if you please.

No comments: