Monday, August 26, 2013

Thinking



I've been doing quite a bit of thinking lately. I've been thinking about...


  • My kids & their diabetes and how I can keep their sugars in control. I fear the Doctors think I'm a horrible mom.
  • The fact that this is the longest we have stayed in a place in the last 10 or so years. I put my foot down last year when HHH was let go from yet another job saying he needed to find a stable job, and that sure wasn't going to be apartment maintenance! It seems to be working out, but I'm afraid I have stifled him by demanding this change.
  • How I'm going to pay for college for Eldest. Seriously. She's smart as a whip, but I'm as broke as a joke. Scholarships may be our only option.
  • How many customers I need to survive working for myself. If I could get 5 weekly customers, I could justify upgrading my equipment and make a major contribution to our household. Right now, I make pocket $ for the kid's school stuff.
I was watching Futurama last night and I saw "Godfellas"(Season 4, Episode 8), where Bender got shot into space and ended up playing God to minuscule beings living on his body. He tries to help them and kills off a bunch. He tries NOT to help them and a bunch more get killed off. Finally, Bender ends up floating in the vicinity of a star mass that starts speaking to him.


Bender: I was God once.
God Entity: I saw. You were doing very well, until everyone died.


Yeah. I feel like that sometimes. Things go great, till everyone(figuratively) dies. And here I am trying not to let my kids (literally) die, or my husband be crushed by a job he doesn't enjoy. I don't like being the "bad" guy, but sometimes I have to be. It sucks. So now I'm trying to gather up more customers, get some shirts made, get the kids what they need for school, and run the house. Hopefully no one will die (figuratively).  My fave quote from Godfellas has to be...

God Entity: When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I think that is going to be my personal/business quote and mantra. That and "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one." Spock. I'll keep on chanting it.

Chanting it.

No comments: