Tuesday, June 4, 2013

To My Son As You Leave Elementary.


On Monday, Jr's teacher sent home a secret note to all the parents of 5th graders. She asked for a letter to give to the kids at their celebratory picnic on Thursday. It is supposed to be a letter of encouragement and praise as they transition from elementary school to middle school. I thought about it for two days, and came up with this...

William,
Your Dad and I are SO proud of you. You are so bright and talented. Every morning, when we drop you off at school and I say, "Be Epic!", you have never let us down. You have such a big heart, and such a kind spirit it glows. As you leave elementary school behind you, I know you'll face every challenge ahead with the same perseverance and level head logic that has served you so well.
So, in the immortal words of Dr. Seuss:
"And you will succeed. Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety eight and three quarters percent guaranteed!"

I think he'll enjoy reading that on Thursday.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Aw, that's lovely! Well done, Mom!

Poppy said...

So sweet!

Congrats, Jr!!!!