Then I saw this...
Oklahoma was ravaged. Schools and hospitals were leveled. Children, adults, the elderly... all killed. Whole neighborhoods were wiped clean. Gone. In a blink. The same blink that saw my power go out & make me uncomfortable took away loved ones from families. I felt like an ass. A BIG ass. I was bitching about being bored while first responders were pulling children from the rubble of the school pictured above. Our family still had a roof, food, windows, and a running vehicle while folks in Oklahoma lost everything they had, including their children! Sigh....
- So what can we do? We can donate to the recovery & rescue efforts. Got a cell phone? Good! Text STORM to 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army.
- Also you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to them as well.
- Feeding America is preparing to bring truckloads of food and water to the area to help care for the victims & rescue crews and you can donate to them here to help that way too.
- Text FOOD to 32333 to send $10 to the OK Foodbank so they can bring in food for victims.
- OPERATION USA is going to Oklahoma to help aid health care centers & schools get back up and running & if you want to help them text 50555 to donate $10 to them.
- Don't forget the furry victims!! Go to the Oklahoma Humane Society website here, and make a donation to okhumane.org!
There will be a need for help for many months to come, so keep all those numbers handy. $10 goes a long way. It's our support of each other that makes this nation great! Let's help OKlahoma be OK again!