Friday, May 3, 2013

Grace


I don't got it.

Slipped at work today. I was having to clean with the temp girl who is actually the person I was hired to REPLACE. (yeah, I don't get it either.) She is, shall we say, slow & chatty. In a 4 bedroom 3 bath house with a bonus room upstairs, I cleaned 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, bonus room, formal dining room, informal dining room, staircase, family room, and laundry room in the time it took her to clean the master bed/bathroom, formal living room & office. I can see why she was let go. So, in the middle of all that mess, I was walking back to the mop bucket through the kitchen and I didn't see this one quarter sized drip of water on the tile floor. I hit that sucker and was off skating across the kitchen like Brian Boitano in the Olympics. Unfortunately, my derby training took over and I went into a right knee drop. That would have worked to stop my fall... IF I HAD BEEN WEARING MY KNEE PADS!

Yeah, I smacked my knee into that tile and let out a yelp! My speed challenged partner came running asking if I was OK. I wasn't. I may have cried a little. I was already sick from getting gluten in my dinner last night, and I felt like puking... add this latest injury to those other insults and my Friday had just turned into a Monday.

Who in the fuckity fuck decided to punk me??

So, after sniffling my tears up, I got off the floor and finished cleaning up the house. I loaded up my gear into the truck and drove off to the next house. Yes, I finished my work day and even with a bum knee I was STILL faster than Temp Girl. Now I am sitting in bed, knee propped up on pillows with ice packs wondering to myself, "Why do I always get hurt off skates?" I may just start wearing my derby pads to work now. 

So, in closing, I'd like to say "May the 4th be with you!" because I sure as hell need it with me!!

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Ouch. :(

Maybe you should wear your skates to work, too!

Megan said...

Ouch! Heal quickly!