Saturday, April 6, 2013

Trends

Now that I have been cleaning for a few months, I seem to be noticing decorating trends that the rich folks in FishHawk are doing. IKEA has really been big with these people. I've noticed whole rooms that have been lifted from the Ikea showrooms. I also have seen that the "distressed" furniture trend is widely accepted over there too. It will only be one piece in the whole room, like a distressed hutch in the dining room, or a distressed dresser in a bedroom, but the one trend I have really noticed is....

Family photos in the bathroom.

WTF is THAT all about? I understand that you are proud of your family, want the world to see, and even later generations of your own family have a chronicle of your existence, but in the bathroom? SERIOUSLY?? I can just imagine being at a dinner party, excusing myself to use the guest bathroom, and suddenly stopping mid stream, and running away screaming, panties around my ankles as I look across to the opposite wall and see this...


Ok, ok... they aren't all that bad, but seriously, I wouldn't be able to do number 1 or number 2 if the couple's three year old is staring down at me from the wall. And some people put multiple photos in the bathrooms. A happy couple beaming maniacally at me does assure that I will wash my hands, but it creeps me out in the process. Oh how I long for the days when people would theme out their bathrooms with matching rug/curtain/towel sets!!

So what do you think? Decorate the bathrooms with tons of photos of yourselves or just go with a theme? 

2 comments:

grownupandbeautiful.com said...

OK. That IS creepy.

Megan said...

Dear God. That picture startled me. Why, why, why would you take the photo on Ash Wednesday? It makes her look like she's been to an exorcism.

No people pictures in the bathroom. Every.