Monday, February 18, 2013

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!

Getting shafted by the other cleaning ladies sucks. Really, really sucks when it's the end of the day and they were supposed to help you clean a business, yet they just shove a mop at you and say "BYE" without so much as a "Do you need help?". 

I was cleaning a hair salon at the end of the day. It was my fourth and final clean of the day. My original partner had an appointment to go to at 3pm and I got to my truck, loaded up supplies, and headed out to the salon where I would supposedly meet up with the second team of ladies & we'd clean the salon together. Well, I started cleaning,...... and cleaning,...... and cleaning.......

Yeah. They didn't show. 

I thought I was going to be unable to mop the floor. My partner didn't give me my mop handle as I loaded up my truck and the shop didn't have one available for me to use. I cleaned the WHOLE salon, (it was BIG!), and then texted my boss about needing a mop. She said not to worry and that the other team was 15 minutes out.

It took them 30 minutes.

I go meet them in the parking lot and I guess I should have known something was amiss when they didn't even turn off the engine of their truck. Consuela #1 hands me a mop handle & hops back in the front of the truck. I ask if they'd like to check my work (It is only my second week), and Consuela #1 says "No...no..... you do good job. I no check.". 2 seconds later they lit out of that parking lot. 

I was surprised they didn't bark the tires.

So, I go in and mop out the place, all the while saying to myself, "You gotta be KIDDING me?!?" I finish up, pack up my shit, and head back to the home office to unload & go home. I meet up with Boss Lady #1 and she seems surprised I am there. She's even more surprised when I tell her what took place. Then she got PISSED. Apparently she had specifically told team two to help me, not fuck me over. I didn't care at that point, I just wanted to go home. I was tired. My feet hurt. I was hungry. Boss Lady #1 apologized and I said it was ok as long as I get all the time in for that client. No sharsies on that one!

So I guess it was "Haze the new lady" day at my work. Now I wonder what tomorrow is gonna bring.

No comments: