Back in the cleaning game a week already and I have a few tips & pointers for all of you folks out there who might be looking to hire on a cleaning service. It's probably something I said back when I was working cleaning the first time, but it bears repeating. A LOT!
- If you want us to clean your place correctly, make sure it's in good repair. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I will be cleaning in a multi-million dollar house, I reach up to dust a picture or a shelf holding family heirlooms and the damn thing falls off the frickin' wall! WTF?!? You will spend hundreds of thousands for the damn walls, but won's shell out $20 for a hanging kit? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Isn't grandma's china she brought over from the old country worth more than a ten penny nail in the drywall with no supporting sink? Please, please, please invest in this stuff people.
- Speaking of good repair.... That also goes for your plumbing, electrical, and windows. It's hard to clean properly if the faucet or sink drain doesn't work. It's dangerous if we try to plug our vacuums into a malfunctioning outlet. I don't want to die doing this. The scary part is some of these people have young children and I'm sure the danger is even greater for them! Fix your shit people!
- No amount of vacuuming will make cheap ass rugs look newer or better. Sorry. No vacuum in the world will make your cheap Wal-Mart knock off rug look like the Persian master work that hangs in the flooring showroom downtown. It just ain't gonna happen. Riding my ass asking me "Can you vacuum it again because it doesn't look good." isn't going to make it new either. Go buy the real thing. it lasts longer & looks a hell of a lot better.
- Upkeep is key. You see us every 2 or 3 weeks. How can you stand not cleaning your house for 2 or 3 weeks? Do you really leave the crumbs, garbage, pee, etc..... waiting for us that long? Seriously?? Do a little upkeep folks. Take pride in your multi-million dollar investment. A broom & dustpan won't kill you.
- SQUEEGEE! I don't care where you live or what kind of water softener you have, water will leave etch marks in glass shower doors if you leave it to dry, not to mention the spotting. I can't clean etch. It's permanent. You will have to buy new glass & pay to have it installed. Know what could have saved you hundreds of dollars? A $5 squeegee. Take the time to squeegee your doors & side glass if you have it and DO IT EVER SINGLE TIME. Don't let etch happen to YOU!
And that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on, but these are the ones that just popped out at the moment. Now go scrub that toilet!!