Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My New Insanity.


So I know everyone has probably been ignoring my whining about how my last derby home dumped me like a prom date that wouldn't put out. It happens. I should be used to it. Thanks to HHH constantly losing his jobs, we have to move so much it's ridiculous! I guess I can't blame them, but it would be nice to be valued and kept around every once in a while. Ok. That's done & over with. Moving on then.

If you aren't happy with what is out there, forge your own path, right? RIGHT. Enter the Brandon Brawlers! With WFTDA derby leaning more towards slow play & strategy that says not moving is better than moving, I knew I didn't want to go that way. Old school is pretty much like that too and to me that doesn't say 'roller derby'. Enter the Psycho 78's. They are a renegade, no rules, co-ed derby league in New Jersey who do their own thing. They play fast. They hit HARD. They put every dollar raised by their bout to charity! That interested me A LOT! So I wrote to a few friends I made up there and they sent me some info and BOOM. I'm starting my own derby league! OMG!

Am I insane?

Yeah, I probably am. But I tell you what, I'm putting my $ where my mouth is instead of bitching. They say don't complain if you aren't going to do something to fix the situation and damn it! I'm gonna do it!! 

So meet the Brandon Brawlers! Follow us on Twitter. Join in on our brand of crazy!! You'll have a blast!

1 comment:

Razor De Rockefeller said...

You know you have a ton of support in good ol' Jersey! <3