Friday, January 25, 2013

Fabulous!!!


I am fabulous.

It's really hard to convince  myself of this fact most days.
I have aaaaaallllllllllllloooooooooooooootttttttttttttttt of things that make me feel unfabulous.
My weight.
My OCD.
My family's $ predicament.
Not having a derby home.
Having to walk everywhere.

You get the idea. I feel like that skit on old SNL where the damn freaky guy has to look in the mirror and tell himself he's ok. I'm a good person. I love my family. When I have the resources, I help others. That should be enough for me and anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't matter. Tell that to the nagging voices in my head. I second guess myself every day, and let me tell you, that ain't fabulous. 

So I start every day telling myself that I. Am. Fabulous. The end.

And one of these days, I'll believe it so much, I won't have to remind myself!


1 comment:

Poppy said...

Fake it 'til you feel it.

It's definitely important that praise come from yourself during this difficult time, but I hope your family can also help lift you up. You deserve it. :)