Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cars.


What is it about a used car salesman's hearing that they just don't acknowledge you when you say, 

"I'm just looking & test driving today, thank you."

It's like their brain bleeps out that sentence or something! HHH & I went to look at a few cars today. In about 30 to 45 days we'll probably have our tax return back and we can finally get some transportation. I'm not picky either! We looked at vehicles that were anywhere from 6 to 10 years old with anywhere from 90,000 to over 100,000 miles on them. The only thing I ask is a working AC (because I live in FLORIDA!) and leg room enough for our growing brood. I don't care about the color, add on features,.... none of that. Just work damn it!!

So we looked, priced, compared, checked, all that good stuff and I told all the salesmen right off the bat we would not be buying a car today and if they didn't have time for us we'd be fine with that. We let them know what our price limit was and what we were willing to pay in a payment. We'd let them know if we wanted to take a test drive if that was the case. It was like I spoke some kind of different language! They'd just press on saying "Oh well, let us get your information before we test drive." or "We should try to nail down a number for you guys." and my favorite..."Hey! We'll be here till 6pm and you can drive out today!". Ugh. Get bent dude. I told you up front what we were all about! Finally after 3 lots we gave up for the day and walked home. I had laundry to do & HHH was planning dinner. We'll try again another day, maybe then the salesmen will hear us! 

Here's to car shopping another day!


No comments: