Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
After resting for a while and rehydrating, I went into the bathroom and blotted cold water on the scrapes and the gashes. I carefully debrided the area and then let it rest. After grossing out my kids when I picked them up from school, (I am the BEST mom EVAR!), HHH and I went to take a shower. In the shower I took my Lemslip soap from LUSH and washed the wounds. Can I just say, LUSH soaps are awesome and it didn't even sting to wash an open wound with it? I can?? OK then! I washed the scrapes and carefully dried them. It still must have looks painful because HHH left out while I was cooking dinner and got me some Neosporin + Pain Relief!! He put it on my owwies and we went on from there.
As I'm resting on my heating pad, that's what my leg looks like now. The bruises are just starting to shadow in and they are going to be SPECTACULAR when they come in fully. When it scabs over it will look even BETTER! And I have to say, yet again... YES I know how to walk, run, you name it. No it wasn't the blonde in me tripping over an air pocket on the path. Thank you for your concern.
- Yes, I fell, but more importantly, I laughed about it. Even more importantly, I kept going.
- I finished my workout in a decent time despite having a gash in my leg.
- I grossed out a 9 year old boy.
- I'm still upright and plan on working out tomorrow.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Hey there folks! Now that you've helped out Alabama with a quick 400+ word blog post, here's where you can help kids in my own neck of the woods!
Monday, January 23, 2012
I woke up Monday morning and flipped on CNN Headline News while making the kid's lunches for school, and though I was expecting to hear about the blow out, awesome football from Sunday, I heard TORNADOES blaring out from my TV instead. Yes, there is a tradition in the South where once the year turns over to January 1st the storms start rolling into the area, bringing with them lightning, high winds, and tornadoes. We all remember last spring when I ended up riding out a tornado in Valrico in our truck we owned at the time! It happens. Oh yeah, going through a tornado in a souped up 4x4 truck happens more often than you think down here! Unfortunately, the bad weather has already started up in Alabama. Not 8 months ago they were ravaged by tornadoes that literally wiped towns off the map. Now they've been hit again. Why do I care? Why should you care? Because people need help, that's why! I used to live in Memphis where I came to shudder every time the tornado sirens went off. I saw the devastation first hand. As someone who lived in Florida almost her entire life, I've really had more experience with hurricanes and thought they are really destructive, you can out run them as long as you don't wait too long. You don't get that with tornadoes. They hit in a flash, sometimes in the middle of the night, and they can be the Finger of God. I hit Twitter IMMEDIATELY and started sending out tweets to people that I knew lived in the area where the tornadoes were being shown at. I didn't hear from most of them till later in the afternoon and to my immense relief, everyone was OK. Yet even as that was happening and I was getting the all clear from my friends, there were reports on the news that said people had perished. Many homes were destroyed. Now we need to band together again and help these folks.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Oh dear LORD! I was watching the Football playoffs yesterday when I saw something that horrified me to my core and made me nauseous. It was a political commercial! To be honest, I couldn't tell who it was slanted towards. It reamed both Newt & Mitt, (How the fuck did these guys even GET names like that!??!), and was supposedly sponsored by some obscure group like the Committee of People Who Want Pistachios Banned From Cock Fighting Events or something just as foolish. Now that South Carolina is over with the muck raking is getting ready to move down here. And if THAT isn't enough, I get to be privy to the Republican National Convention here in the Tampa Area. Political fat cats will be cruising down town Tampa this August and it should be pretty safe for them since $50 million has been given to make sure that anyone from terrorists to homeless people won't bother their agenda. I guess it's just something you never think will happen to you (The RNC), but apparently it does.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
So, during the SOPA Blackout where I didn't tweet or Facebook, I was getting frisky with the husband when he went to thrust forward while pulling back on my left leg and.....
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
- Tweet: Why the fuck do these idiots have to personally walk their child to the school bus? That kid has to be, like 14!
- Tweet: Brrrrr! I know it's January and all but THIS IS FLORIDA! 40 degrees is just stupid here!
- Tweet: Why yes, I am jumping around to "Just Dance 3" instead of Zumba. I'm doing just as much cardio & I understand the words in the music!
- Tweet: I just thought of something... Blacking out today is gonna totally fuck up my Klout score! If that happens, where will I get my free perks from???
- Tweet: Oh dear lord I am so sweaty! Cardio compete, and dancing to Party rock was more fun definitely!
- Facebook Status: So many folks putting up anti-Sopa stuff on their statuses. I thought we were blacking out??
- Facebook Status: I can't believe how many folks are cancelling their cruises because of the Italian Cruise disaster! Uh.. foreign cruise lines aren't regulated like US ones are so they get away with more crap that ends in a sinking ship! DUH!!
- Tweet: Waiting on HHH to swing by the house so I can ride with him to the Paint store, then it's on to my walk. 4 miles... HERE I COME!
- Facebook Status: Come on Tony, just because Paula FINALLY admitted her craptastical diet gave her Type 2 Diabetes & she is shilling for an Insulin Company rather that changing her diet & exercise routine doesn't mean you have to jump all over her shit! Well,... maybe it does!
- Tweet: Lipton Diet Green Tea berry flavor is the bomb yo! Da Flava Bomb!!
- Tweet: I see so many things I would love to retweet today, but alas, I am actually trying to black out my presence, therefore not retweeting.
- Tweet: Uh.... There is a lot of folks on the internet talking about NOT being on the internet in protest. Ok then.
- Tweet: Glad I got in my writing yesterday. @buy-her is down for the SOPA protest!
- Tweet: Holy crap! This is a relative of one of my SRG sisters! http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120119549
- Facebook Status: Holy Fuck! Some moron didn't tell the complex that the dumpster contract was up. That company is taking the dumpsters RIGHT NOW! WTH?!? HHH is PISSED!!!
- Tweet: People are so frickin' nasty! Went for my 4 miler & there was a ton of dog poop ON THE SIDEWALK! So fucking gross!
- Tweet: Also, shaved 2 minutes off my walk time. 4 miles in 58 minutes! Yeah it's only 2 minutes, but I'll TAKE IT!
- Tweet: HHH looked at his check stub this morning & saw the company forgot to pay him his $50 on call money. This company is just a nickle & dime machine! Asses!
- Tweet: Lunch consisted of a small salad with greens, tomatoes, cheese cubes, & light vinaigrette dressing! Booya!
- Facebook Status: FFS people! It's rain, not the apocalypse! If driving in the rain spooks you GET OFF THE ROAD! Driving 20mph under the speed limit is going to guarantee an accident!
- Tweet: So I have to go get Eldest. then run to get Mo, then run to the violin dealer to get mo fitted to her violin, then run home.... all in the rain!
- Tweet: Violin has been purchased! Turned out she needed a 3/4, not a 1/2! Still cost me the same money so I don't care!
- Tweet: God Damn it! The music store forgot to put the bow in the case!! Now I gotta drive all the way back to pick it up! Grrrr!
- Tweet: Time to play Kinect Bowling with the family!! (Or maybe just HHH & Myself!)
- Tweet: The dog went nut fuck wacko when Mo played her violin. Too frickin funneh!!!!
- Facebook Status: Oh dear GOD! HHH just tried to separate my left leg from my hip! During whoopee time! Getting old sucks. Needless to say, no one got off tonight
- Tweet: Dude, hip popped out of joint during sex is a real mood killer. Just sayin'.....
- Tweet: I hate it that I can read a totally awesome article written by an amazing writer, and yet the whole thing goes to shit when there is a syntax or grammatical error! Ugh!
- Tweet: Suburgatory is making me almost pee my pants laughing! It also hurts my lame hip.
- Tweet: Crap! CNN is reporting that most African produced chocolate is done using child slave labour. Now I'm gonna feel guilty every frickin' time I hit Godiva.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
I got a contest for you.
First one to call this number in the above graffiti and find out who they are and if they knew their number was plastered up on an abandoned Valrico SweetBay's front windows in whore hot pink gets a $25 dollar gift card to a restaurant to be decided upon later after the winner has been chosen. Just leave a comment detailing the person's name, what neighborhood they live in, who they think might have committed the offense against them, and whether or not they knew about the graffiti. I consider it a public service that we are letting this person know about their phone number being out there for everyone to see.... and call!
PS-I will be checking to see if you're telling the truth!!! No cheating!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
- That someone actually thought people would pay money to go on a cruise with Kate Gosselin from that cheesy show "Kate + 8"! Seriously! Some moron travel agency thought that crazy, overly controlling, poor excuse for a parent would actually be a draw for a cruise. For $700 dollars more, you can also sit in a room with other imbeciles and learn Kate's personal crafting projects & family style activities and games! Whoo hoo.... and don't worry about there not being enough space, as of last Wednesday the cruise wasn't even half full!
- Pepsi Co. is having to pay 3.1 million dollars in a lawsuit brought against them for not hiring people who did not pass a criminal background check. Um... excuse me? What is wrong about that? When I worked for the green cleaning company, I did a Civil, Criminal, & Traffic background check on everyone who put in an application. If someone was going to represent the company and be sent inside homes, we had to be completely sure that they were trustworthy! I can't tell you how many people I turned down because their license was suspended or revoked when they told me it was ok or had theft charges and convictions on their record or even were illegal to work in the US! It was ridiculous! So now Pepsi Co. has "revised" their hiring screening processes so that they can provide a workplace that is as diverse and inclusive as possible. Well, I believe in second chances and all, but damn it man, I can't blame them for not wanting to give a $100,000 truck full of product to a convicted felon!
- Haley Barbour. WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING????? Seriously?? Pardoning 200+ murderers, thieves, people who commit assault, robbery & arson, etc, etc, etc. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING?? Luckily at least 21 of the pardons have been blocked by a judge for the moment because they didn't give enough notice to victims that they were seeking a pardon. I gotta say it's just ridiculous!
- Photoshop. People can tell when something is photo shopped. The latest controversy seems to be about Brittney Spears and a photo that was released showing her looking toned and slender. Only one problem with that... it totally looks shopped! Her head looks like it's floating on top of some other body! It's weird and media outlets need to quit doing it. Women have a skewed enough body image as it is. Why do we have to have obvious photo shopped celebrity photos to make it worse? Go take a look and tell me that's not some fake ass shit!
- Hostess is filing for bankruptcy AGAIN! Yes, they had already filed once before but now they are having to do it yet again. Hostess, which makes Sno-Balls, Ho-Hos, & Twinkies, can't keep up because their workers are unionized and have high pension and medical benefit costs. where the competition isn't unionized and therefore doesn't have that eating away at the cash flow. Hostess is also being dented by people eating healthier. All I know is, when the nukes come and and trigger the Zombie Apocalypse, if there are no Twinkies to see the bedraggled human survivors through, we're all gonna be bone!
And that's all I got for now, but really, I'm sure there will be more unbelievable crap happening tomorrow too!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- Doggie foot prints in cement sidewalks give me a ridiculous grin. Don't know why, but they do.
- Breathe Carolina's new song "Blackout" is a great tune to move it too.
- The people who live in this neighborhood are alcoholics! I stepped over & around more beer bottle, liquor mini's, and full sized liquor bottles smashed up on the sidewalks than I care to count. This must be why someone drove their car through a retaining wall last month.
- I love my new shoes! I didn't have black toenail when I was done with my 4 miles today, THAT was amazing.
- I am back to my 4mph speed, and that was with the walking! Whaaaaaaaaat!?!
- I need to bring my camera next time I go on a walk so I can stop to stretch and photograph the cool stuff I see!
And that's all I got for right now.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
It makes my heart soar to see him actually taking care and using his video game time to raise his tomato plant.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
The first instance in Florida, the teen was being bullied by his peers at a bus stop. Apparently this had been going on for quite awhile because the court states it had documents the bullying had been going on for months! Apparently the threats and violence became so bad the teen felt in fear of his life and was carrying a knife for his own protection! Finally the main bully and his cohorts attacked the teen again while they were all waiting for the bus and the teen stabbed and killed the bully. Originally charged with Manslaughter, the teen is now clear of all charges thanks to Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. Most states have some sort of law saying you can protect yourself with deadly force should someone break into your home or try to car jack you, but here in good old Florida, we have extended that law to include anywhere you are legally allowed to be, and that now has been proven to be a simple bus stop. What makes this so sad is that someone had to die for this problem to come to a head. If it had been documented for months like the courts said, why hadn't anyone at the school or the police department done something to stop it? Now this kid, who still looks like he is shaken and mentally fragile, has to live with the knowledge he killed another human being. He has to go back to school where there will be whispers and pointing, stories and memes,... it's just sad and unbelievably tragic, but also frustrating for all the other parents who are trying to help their kids deal with bullies. We as the adults should be able to protect our kids from this crap. Now I see a future filled with more violence as kids who no longer see any other options start arming themselves.
The second incident is Wednesday's shooting in Texas where a middle school student was brandishing a weapon in the school hallways and was shot by police. The boy had what looked to be a semi automatic hand gun and was roaming the hallways with it out in the open. A teacher called the office, who in turn call school officers & local police. The boy was given several chances to drop the gun, but began to raise it at officers instead. The officers fired and killed the boy. Later it was discovered the gun, (which looked extremely realistic) was a co2 pellet gun. It did not have the dayglo orange tip on it designating it as a pellet gun, so there was no way the officers could have known it wasn't a real hand gun. No reason has been given as to why the boy brought a gun to school, but I am just betting that it had to do with bullying. Too bad we can't ask him...
Bullying is just getting worse. Supposedly all these programs are in place in school and communities to keep bullying from happening, but apparently it isn't doing much good. It's like having a restraining order. It does no good until someone walks right through it and violates it! Pretty soon kids are going to all be armed and no good can come of that! We have GOT to reverse the thinking that bullying is ok. Kids are still doing it. Adults still do it. It has to stop.
I've armed my kids with high self esteem & the ability to defend themselves with out weapons. I wish I didn't have to do that. We shouldn't have to do that.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Tonight was really nice. We had a better than best meal at Ruby Tuesdays where I had 2 of the super yummy "skinny" drink pictured above. After that we walked it all off in the mall where I got a pair of skeletoes. Yes the really ugly shoes, but OMG they feel amazing. I have trouble when I run or exercise with black nail and have never been able to find a pair of shoes with a large enough toe box to keep it from occurring. These shoes, with their individual compartments for my toes, should help with that! They also feel really good. No socks, just yummy comfy goodness!
What did you do with your Wednesday night?
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
- Pet owners that live in my complex actually picking up after their dogs. I cannot tell you how many times I have caught folks from as far as 3 buildings away taking their dogs to shit over on my "backyard" so to speak, then leave it steaming on the ground as they clip clop back to their condo. WTF?!? That is so jacked up I haven't even the faculties to give it a name, but "The Doggie Doo & Disappear" & "Shit and Run" have been jingling around in my mind for a while. It's gross. It smells disgusting. Have some class and pick up after your pet.
- And on the subject of picking up.... have some class when you throw out your trash as well! We have some nice condo units here. Some are owned and some are rented and the place is nice and quiet, so basically if you can't be bothered to get your trash actually IN THE DUMPSTER you're just an asshole. A lazy asshole. And what's even lazier? There are parents who are having their 4 to 7 year old kids do it for them, except the kids can't get it in the dumpster, so they leave it out on the ground where animals tear into it and it gets everywhere. What fresh Hell is that? On a good note, the complex has started a thing where if there's garbage left out, and there's a piece of mail showing the address it came from, those folks are getting charged $50 per infraction. Hit 'em where it hurts, I say!
- Respect Thy Neighbor. It isn't hard. It doesn't even require a lot of thought. It's built on the simple premise that, if you're going to bug your neighbor, DON'T DO IT! Want to blare your music at ear splitting levels? Don't do it. You're vibrating the walls & floors and maybe your fellow residents. Want to sit outside your apartment and honk 15,000 times at your room mate/signifigant other who is taking too long to meet you in the car? DON'T DO IT!! I become homicidal with stabby rage after 14,999 and want to smash your car with a bowling ball. It's just not worth upping your deductible. Want to clean your house nekkid? DON'T DO IT!! (This is for the ugly woman in the Condo's across from our complex drive way. Shudder!)
Not a whole lot, just a few, small things that would make the world a better place for me, and really, everyone. Can we call 2012 the year of "Don't Be A Douche Bag"?