Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oooooo, BURN!


Sunday was not my day. I wasn't able to get to sleep till about 2am. I woke early thanks to dogs who can't seem to hold it. The trains that went by all decided to toot their horns waaaaaay longer than they should have  according to the NTSB section on train safety. When I finally did wake up enough, I had to clean up my kitchen from dinner the night before so I could start breakfast. Pancakes & bacon were on the menu and to keep myself from getting burnt, I bake my bacon in the oven at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes crispy, tasty bacon. As I was cooking the pancakes the timer for the bacon went off. I flipped a flapjack and reached into the oven for the pan of crispy meat candy and......

I splashed bacon grease on my inner left wrist.

OW! OW! OW! MOTHER EFFER! FRICK! SON OF A FRAGGITY SLOPPY HOBO .... well you get the point.

So the inside of my wrist was ON FIRE! I squeaked a screech out & (here's where I don't get human nature) my husband asks "Are you ok?" Why would you ask if I'm ok when you've just heard me scream several obscenities? OF COURSE I'M NOT OK! He gets out of bed and finishes breakfast for me and I go wrap my wrist in a cold pack. After whining about it for a while one of my marvelous roller girl friends suggested I go harvest some of my aloe plant and apply! Genius! I guess I wasn't thinking straight. What can I say, it hurt!

So now, I have a few blisters from my breakfast time adventures and my wrist apparently smells like bacon permanently, but hopefully it won't scar. I guess next time I'll be a little more careful when trying to feed the horde in the morning. Now I have to worry about attracting the neighborhood pooches while walking to school with Junior in the mornings thanks to my new "Bacon Wrist".

Is a permanent scent of bacon a super power?


1 comment:

Poppy said...

What, no picture?! :)

I hope it stops smelling like bacon.