Friday, July 27, 2012

Ow.

When one is asked to give full on hits in derby practice... one must remember not everyone is ready for it and hit appropriately. I accidentally laid out a few skaters last night because I wasn't careful. Some of them weren't ready for the hit I threw out. That was totally my fault. A couple of the ladies are going to be in a scrimmage on Saturday and asked if I'd hit with full steam to help them prep for it so I did, but forgot to reign it back in for the less experienced skaters. I flattened a few folks who weren't prepared and I feel bad now. I hope I didn't break anyone. That's not my goal. The ladies will eventually have to take a real hit though, and sooner than later, but last night wasn't the time. Boo on me.


I have GOT to rope in my enthusiasm!

No comments: