- Buy, don't rent. Unless it's a relationship..... then I suggest renting as long as possible. Buying in too quickly will only end in disappointment when the warranty wears out and you find your nice new partner isn't so nice or new anymore.
- Trust no one. Yeah, this one is really hard, but it's really true. I've had so many folks in life tell me, "Oh don't worry." or "Trust me, I won't let you down." or "I'll make it happen, trust me. only to have things completely fall apart at usually the worst possible moment. Trust in yourself. You're the only one you can count on when the cards are dealt.
- Blissful oblivion ain't. If you choose to ignore those nagging little voices that say everything IS NOT ok, well, you only have yourself to blame when you end up swimming in shit soup.
- Kicking up a fuss isn't uncomfortable when it's necessary. Be it about money, love, or your place in the supermarket checkout line.... stand up for yourself. Being nice for niceness's sake is for suckers who will end up behind the lady with a full cart in the "10 Items Or Less" line.
- It's not nagging if it's true. It is lying if you answer that nag dishonestly.
- Keep your promises. No. Matter. What. The bullshit feeling you get after letting friends or family down? Yeah. That's your conscience telling you you're an asshole.
- It doesn't matter how good you are at something... people chose their employees, friends, life partners, etc based on looks. If you're the short fat old lady who has oodles of experience at a certain skill, the folks in charge are going to pick the young hot dude with the 6 pack & bulging biceps even though that guy has no idea how to even function at that skill. It will go this way for the rest of your life. Get used to it.
Yeah, not the nicest things in the world, but it needs to be said. All this nice, nice, goody, goody, love, love bullshit that people spout just isn't really true. Time to bust this shit wide open.