Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and you know what that means..... There's a shitload of half price chocolate & wilting flowers out there! No but really... I pulled the old "Reverse Valentine" play last night. I had a plan. I got all prettied up at about noon, then made sure to give HHH lots of hugs and kisses as he flew by me while he was working, then when he came home I told him to shower and change so I could take him out to dinner! (I had already made Italian pork chops & potatoes for the kids!) I had a $25 gift card to Chili's so off we went. Of course there was a wait, but I had HHH go up to the bar and start getting 2 for 1 beers. Then we got sat for a nice dinner. I bought HHH more beer and a steak! Then, after he was through, I took him out to get some chocolates, and back hone for some of his favorite "candy" ;-)

I didn't ask for flowers or jewelry, or candy. I didn't ask a big fancy dinner or to go to some Valentine event. I am so thankful to be married to a man who truly understands me and has stuck through all my ups and downs. A nice meal with the man I love is all I really need for Valentine's Day.

I love you baby! More than anything, I love you. I am so glad that every day you show me how much you love me in return.

PS- I win at Wife Olympics!!! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

It's great to have a guy who totally gets you. glad you had a happy!