Thursday, September 29, 2011

DMV: Take Two.

So, I had to go back to the DMV yesterday to re-register our new car. The tag runs out today so you know... off to the DMV I go. I do have to say, it went better than I expected.
  1. Went to a DMV that was 10 miles farther away than my local one. Why? Because I was in and out in a matter of minutes rather than hours! If I had gone to the closest office, I would probably have waited for forever yet again.
  2. I had called ahead the day before to find out what all I needed to make a smooth transition. Yeah, I had done the same when I was trying to get my license renewed, but this time I asked so many questions I think the people on the phone were wondering "Who the hell IS this woman and why is she interrogating me!?"
  3. I had cash. Apparently the DMV doesn't take credit or debit. I saw 3 people get turned away because of this. I also made sure I had enough cash to take care of my most expensive option. I also saw people get turned away for this. They only brought enough $$ to take care of the least expensive problem and hoped for the best. Yeah... that doesn't cut it at the DMV.
So it was pretty easy. Paid less than I thought I'd have to and boom... I was done. I did have to jog back inside because I realized that the clerk kept my proof of insurance. I was so glad it went smoother than my Drivers License fiasco.

Strange enough, when I Four Squared my location, I became the mayor of the DMV office. That's not exactly a good thing, but at least I didn't have to see Patty & Selma from the Simpson's!!

1 comment:

Russ said...

I never go to the close DMV, if you don't have an appointment you won't get seen (mostly because of the Mexicans lining up long before the sun comes up). I go to the next county over and am in and out in 20 minutes. Most of the time, this is a government "service" we're talking about here.