Friday, August 26, 2011

Yawn...


A realization just hit me as I was in the car yesterday... I'm going to be in the car ALOT this year. Eldest goes to school & needs to arrive at 7, then Jr. needs to arrive at his school between 7:30am and 8, and then Mo has to be at school by 8:45am so that when I'm finished, I get home at 9am and can start getting the house in order and doing my errands. After taking some time to make HHH breakfast & lunch I then need to get back in the car at 1:35pm so I can get in line at the ES by 1:45pm so I don't get stuck waiting in the street for his 2:15pm release time. After I get him in the car, it's off to pick up Eldest and one of her friends from the HS(going through 3 different school zones) and take first the friend home, then my two back to our house. An hour later, I am back in the car for the last time for the day at 4:30pm to go pick up Mo from middle school. After all that..... it's time to start dinner, check homework, clean up after everyone, get their insulin after dinner, and get everyone ready for bed. Sigh...

And I thought working in an office would keep me hopping.... no, being a mom has me jumping through hoops!! Hats off to you ladies who do both. I did that for a year and was at my wit's end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't they ride the bus?

BEBA!

Blondefabulous said...

ANONYMOUS:Child #1 goes to a private charter school that is 7 miles away and doesn't run buses. Child #2's school is only a mile away and is ineligible for bus pick up, and if I'm already doing that much driving, what's one more stop when dropping off #3?