Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Miss Manners, Where Are You?!?

Well, enough time has gone by since last weekend for me to look back and say....

PEOPLE ARE FRICKIN' RUDE!

And when I say people are rude, I am talking about all the unwashed heathen that were at the theme parks. Now, mind you, I am not a Miss Manners all the time. I play roller derby for goodness sakes, but some of the things I saw while walking around with my family was just inexcusable!

  1. While walking in WWoHP, we were trying to get to the Hippogriff ride to meet up with family who had split off from the main group when they went to ride Dragon Challenge. As I was walking I was cut off (rudely) by a family who literally jumped in front of me! After trying to get around them to no avail (They moved in every direction I did.) I spoke up, "Excuse me, terriby sorry, but I am trying to catch up with my family and..." The woman cut me off and screeched loudly in a British accent, "Oh for Christ's sakes, bugger off to the left or right won't you!" Gee, thanks lady.
  2. While in line to get a bite to eat in one of the restaurants, a girl who spoke no English was in front of HHH and myself. The line was slow and we waited and waited. When we finally got to the counter, the girl yelled out something foreign and suddenly 3 more people with t-shirts that matched hers jumped in line with her, pushing us back from the counter. Seems she was just keeping their place in line. Uh.... WTF?!?
  3. While in line for different rides, people thought it was ok to cut line, push, shove, and generally be an asshole, ESPECIALLY if they were a tourist from another nation! Dear Lord, I must have said excuse me, pardon me, and Please move a zillion times!
Is this how Americans act when they go over seas? Is this pay back? If it is payback, why do I have to put up with it? I haven't traveled outside of the continental US, so I shouldn't have to deal with it!! I think it's a sickness brought on by the fact that all those people were crammed into a small, confined space. It should be illegal!! At one point in time I tweeted and FB'ed that people from other nations on vacation shouldn't take a vacation from manners. Really people! It's the only thing separating us from the animals..... well, that and opposable thumbs!!

What about you? Do you think Manners have taken a dive?

4 comments:

??????? said...

They have. But I think its especially true for tourists. They aren't in their hometown, so what do they care. We saw that time and time again this weekend in New Orleans. It was the tourist who threw their trash in the street, who left their beer cups laying around, who felt it was acceptable to puke in the middle of the street.

It wasn't the locals that did it.

Blondefabulous said...

???????: I may have used the folks from other nations as examples, but there were plenty of Americans who were just as rude. I think foreign tour companies should give a check list that says deodorant, manners, and normal fitting clothing are required when traveling. Americans should do the same courtesy when visiting out of country too!

Megan said...

I find that anyone who comes to Florida in the middle of summer isn't of the best quality... if you know what I mean.

Russ said...

In other news, water is wet and ice is cold.

Having been a traveler, one of the things that the Wife and I strive to do is not show our asses (literally or figuratively, one can land you in jail and the other won't help either). I think part of it is just the mentality of people in theme parks. Anything goes and includes manners. That is just one reason I avoid parks all together.