Sunday, August 28, 2011

Next Gen.




I am privileged enough to be able to work with the Junior Roller Derby here, the Bradenton Derby Brats. I have found that my kids like having me around when they skate and I warm up with them, but when it's time for the meat and potatoes of derby to be taught, I leave it to the coaches and I get to help out with the betties. Those are the newbies who come to try their hand at derby. This is a job that rewards itself in smiles. We are always encouraging, never negative and we encourage the kids to keep trying, no matter what. The smiles above make it so worth the fact that once practice is done for them, I have two more hours of skating with the big kids, ie: the adult league!

But really, who could resist skating with these kids?

1 comment:

Russ said...

It's good to get the kids doing organized sports. Be they mainstream, or alternative.