Monday, August 29, 2011

Bottoms Up.

I saw this at Finger Candy and thought it might be fun to make my own list of who I'd like to see at a bar and grab a drink with.....

  1. Neil Patrick Harris- How awesome is he? TOTALLY!! He was Doogie Howser MD, he's Barney on HIMYM, and OMG he can sing, dance, act and, and, and , and.... the list goes on and on! His Twitter is hilarious too! Who wouldn't like to have a drink with NPH??
  2. Hugh Hefner- Yeah, I'm probably going to take a hit from all the feminists for this one, but come on! Have you ever really thought about it? The man helped change America's sexual landscape, bringing us out of our darkened bedrooms to enjoy ourselves in the light! The documentaries that have come out in 2010 & 2011 really bring to life his body of accomplishments. Plus, the man knows how to throw a killer party.
  3. James Roday & Dule' Hill- This one is a twofer, mostly because if I had my druthers, I'd like to throw back a couple with these guys at the same time. They play Shawn Spencer and Burton "Gus" Guster on the USA TV show "Psych" and I love that show. The way they play off each others characters is amazing! The timing, the facial expressions, the laughs.... and you just know they are like that off the camera too! (Mainly because I follow Dule' on Twitter and his wit shows there as well!) I probably wouldn't stop laughing for days!
  4. Mel Brooks- Some of the funniest movies I have ever seen have been directed by this man. Hell, he even starred in almost all of them, from "Blazing Saddles" to "Robinhood: Men In Tights". My two favorites have to be the afore mentioned "Blazing Saddles" and "Spaceballs". My friends and I in high school could quote that movie at the drop of a hat! It was our "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". The man has a direct line to my funny bone!! Funny, she doesn't look Druish.
  5. Gene Simmons-This is another one that will get me harshed on, but here goes.... The man is a rock GOD! And if that wasn't a good enough reason, he has marketed his band and image and diversified his holdings and is a marketing genius! Unlike most rock and rollers, who are broke, Gene has holdings to keep him and his in comfort for years, and now that he has seemed to "settle down" so to speak, I think he's even cooler!
  6. Emily Deschanel- It's Bones dude!!! How awesome is that?? Yeah, yeah, I know she isn't really Bones, but the production on that show has to be soooooo cool! All the ewwie gooey crud with the fake dead bodies and the gross crap, it's gotta be awesome! Plus, she gets to work with the dreamy David Boreanaz.... tee hee!
  7. Wayne Newton- Because, you know...... it's WAYNE FRICKIN' NEWTON!!! Danke schoen!
  8. Berkeley Breathed- This guy...... I almost have no words. His comedic genius and acerbic wit in his Bloom County comic strip was just...... see? I can't describe it! His characters came to life on the newsprint, weaving the hilarious with the tragic, the idiocy with the tender, and the sarcastic with the gullible. Back when I advocated the purchase of dead trees daily, I went straight for the funnies and poured over that days dose of not so politically correct goodness. Would he have Opus lampoon Michael Jackson? Ronald Regan? Mary Lou Retton?? It was amazing. Alas, he ended Bloom County in 1989, saying, "A good comic strip is no more eternal than a ripe melon. The ugly truth is that in most cases, comics age less gracefully than their creators." Well said.
And that's all I got. I was trying for 10 on this list, but really, when it comes down to sharing a drink and actually talking to someone famous, I want it to be a meaningful convo, not mindless drivel. There are very few people I want to actually want to meet, but then I have had many brushes with celebrity, (JT, Samuel Jackson, Priscilla Presley, Liza....), so just any everyday pretty person will not do.

And so the question is..... what famous someones would YOU want to have a drink with??

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I'll agree with 1 (NPH rocks!), 3 (Psych is awesome, but can we include Jules? Hotness.), 4 (Mel Brooks is great, but as a tag along I'd like Gene Wilder), 5 (I will NEVER judge you for liking Gene!), and 8 (love Bloom County; will he sign my Opus?).