Saturday, July 2, 2011

So Yeah....


Yesterday was my birthday. 2 people noticed. (Besides my lovely family!)

I had purposefully taken my birthday off of Facebook. Maybe it's the impending mid life crisis, or just me embracing my mediocrity like I said I was gonna, but I just wondered what would happen if I removed the little reminder ability from FB. Would anyone remember? We all use it. Hell, I do too! If I didn't have that little reminder box over on the right, I'd forget every damn thing, but then the Gastrointestinal doctor says that could be from the years of undiagnosed Celiac's Disease altering the growth of my brain. (Ha ha ha, I have an excuse!) But really, think about it..... of everyone on your friends list, who is it that you really are/were friends with. I can still name the birthday's of my high school best friend.

Laura-Mar. 29

I can name all of my family's birthdays.

Jr- Mar 4.
Mo- Mar. 8.
Daisy- Nov. 30.
HHH- Sept. 24.

And I know the birthday's of the two people who remembered mine today.

Niki- Oct. 27
Chris- Mar. 9.

Hell, even though we don't speak anymore....

Mom- Mar. 16.
Dad- Jun. 19.

So, dear readers, Happy 39th to me. I did nothing. Absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Got up, went to practice, came home, ate food, went to bed. No cake. No candles. No party at all. 39. It's all downhill from here!

2 people.







6 comments:

Bluepaintred said...

Sorry punkin, I didnt forget, I was out all day and offline... i was popping in now to say happy birthday....Guess that doesn't count :(

Megan said...

I didn't forget; I had no idea! Don't worry though, I can't remember my in-laws' birthdays either, even after almost 18 years.

Sorry I didn't wish you a happy one yesterday. My suggestion? Have a do-over today!

Karl said...

Well, happy belated birthday. I can't be expected to remember anything these days. That's why I depend on Facebook to tell me who's birthday it is. So put your birthday back on there, dammit!

Poppy said...

I can't tell if you just spent all day trying to make me feel like shit for "forgetting" your birthday while I remembered my boyfriend's. I won't take ownership of that. You know when you were born, make the world know it, lady! Don't trick us into feeling like shit for not remembering!

Let us celebrate you!

I have a calendar hanging where I keep my keys, phone, and purse that tells me when my family's birthdays are. My mom sends me that every year. That and Facebook are how I remember.

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Russ said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

LeSombre said...

I didn't know they had a "don't ask, don't tell" policy for birthdays. :-/

I put all birthdays I know in my Outlook calendar. You can be sure I'll wish you Happy Brithday on the proper day next year!