Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birdies.

There are a ton of birds around here. If you missed my Twitter or FB post from Thursday, I posted a photo of that guy up top. He is one of a flock of ducks that live here. The others are ok, but this guy is my favorite. He will do a little hop and catch bread in his mouth if you throw it at him. It's just too cute! There are at least 10 to 15 ducks here. That's a pretty good sized flock. Of course, you saw the photo of the Hawk pair that is nesting here as well.

Now I have a new pair to add to the flock! These are my new UF themed yard flamingos! I have always wanted some yard flamingos. They're all kitschy and cute, but when I saw these.... I couldn't stop myself from buying them! And the funny thing was, when I put them out in the garden area, the duck thought they were real and started doing a big dance and show of feathers trying to get them to fly off! Bwah ha ha ha ha! No wonder they call stupid people birdbrains! Ha!

So those are my bird stories so far. I'm sure there will be more. Come end of August, HHH gets to start trying to uproot several colonies of bats that have taken up residence in several of the complexes attics. That should be TONS of blog fodder! Hey Russ... at least you don't have bats, right?? LOL!

No comments: