Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OH HELL NO!

Today, as I was scanning Twitter and Facebook, I heard my phone make the pleasant pling it makes when I get a text message. Thinking it was a friend, or one of my roller girls, I picked it up and scrolled over to my texts when I see this:

U REQUESTED DAILY INSPIRATIONAL TEXTS. SUB SERVICE IS $9.99/MO + MSG&DATA RATES MAY APPLY. REPLY STOP TO STOP. REPLY HELP FOR HELP.

Um... holidaywhoobiewhatie?? I did no such thing!! I replied STOP not once, but TWICE! I got a reply text that I had been unsubscribed for both times, but not before I got a gem of an inspirational text that said this:

"Enjoy the day. Think of the good things. Forget the bad ones."

Yeah. I'm gonna pay $9.99 a month for that crap! NOT!

For good measure, I decided to call the number at the bottom of the unsubscribe text. It rang and rang and then I got an ANSWERING SERVICE! Oh that didn't bode well. SO I look this company up, (which is called Inspiracell.com, btw.....) and surprise, surprise, they have a gazillion complaints against them!! And one of the more disturbing complaints was that even though people had texted the unsubscribe word AND got confirmation they were still billed for the $9.99!! Oh hell no! I immediately called my carrier and had them check on my billing! Sure enough, the CSR said I had a charge for $9.99 from Inspiracell.com on my bill! FUCKERS!!! I asked the CSR to take it off as I had not asked for their services and to block them from ever charging my account in the future!! The nerve! To top it all off, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and while I was there I learned this company has a gajillion MORE complaints lodged against them! Great! I'm being spammed by the king of cell text spamming! What I really want to know is how they got my number in the first place! I don't have it listed anymore on any of the social sites and I never give it out unless it's a government agency requiring it for me to receive medical care, government services, and the like. When I do find out who did it I'm gonna wring their neck!!

So there you go. Be on the look out for a text from some jackhole company called Inspiracell.com.

It isn't inspiring!




1 comment:

Russ said...

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!

That happened to me several years ago. (Joke of the day, if memory serves.) When I called my carrier, they had me text back the unsubscribe code, plus two more. Stop and quit, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I then had my carrier (Verizon) not allow premium texts on my plan. I would still get texts from family and friends (basically, normal texts), but any kind of subscription service texts were not allowed.

That pissed me off royally!