Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Don't Get It?

Now, I'm no fashionista. Hell, if I could, I'd find a way to wear my derby stuff all the damn time. (Something about fishnets is just comfy to me.) Well, lately I have been seeing this trend in shorts and with summer fast approaching, it is back.

And I just don't get it!

In the photo above, you see three pairs of ladies shorts. Sure, they look nice, and they are trendy enough, but for the love of all things fashionable...

WHY ARE THE POCKET BOTTOMS HANGING OUT BELOW THE HEM OF THE SHORTS?!?!

How is this cute or fashionable? It looks like a huge fashion don't to me. I first saw this about two years ago in the malls on little teenagers who were wearing shorts so short you could see neither regions that would titillate a pedophile. (My daughter better NEVER ask for something like that!) I was hoping that it would just go away, but apparently I was mistaken in that. Jeeze! What is fashionable about this?? Nothing I say. It just makes you look like a slob.

Maybe that's what the fashion is... looking like a slob.

How about you guys? Pockets hanging out. Yes or no?

5 comments:

Russ said...

Don't like the pockets hanging out the bottom, it looks sloppy. If you are looking to accentuate your legs, don't have distractions.

Miss Anarchy said...

I don't get the pockets hanging out either. It must be the whole trailer park chic look that has been around for a while. No offense to anyone that lives in Trailer Parks though, but ya know the look I mean.

Thank God I have a son. Whose summer wardrobe is a bathing suit and a shirt with some skateboard/skeleton/skull on it.

Bluepaintred said...

Biiiig no here!

Poppy said...

The marketing ploy:

"These shorts are so mini the pockets are longer."

"Look like a slut without actually having no pants on."

Christina LMT said...

Definitely NO. I saw this the other day at Walmart. Ugh.
So, what happens if you have your keys or phone in your pocket? It dangles like a lump against your leg? Tacky-tacky.