Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rainforest

I queried this on Twitter the other evening, but I just thought I'd ask again....

Does anyone else keep live plants in their shower?

I ask this because when I was still cleaning houses, I saw so many of the bigger houses with the great big showers that had plants in them. Green, leafy plants with beautiful pots and even a little clay character or two. The plants seemed so happy in the warm, steamy environments. When HHH moved us into the apartments, I got a leafy little spider plant to put up in the high window. Over the course of a few months, it got bigger and bigger. Recently, I just had to replant him in a bigger pot that didn't fit on the sill, so I went to Wall to Wall Mart and got a new shower plant. Now I have a combo of a croton and some sort of pointy thing on the sill. It seems to be very happy. I like seeing a green happy plant while washing my hair, so I'll ask again...

Any one else have a plant in their shower??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does mold count?

BEBA!

Russ said...

I would think that the lack of light would be an issue. My shower is already too small, I'm not going make it worse by putting plants in there.

hello haha narf said...

i don't, but i love the idea!

Mik said...

My parents have plants in their bathrooms and they seem to thrive. They too had a huge spider plant in a planter, hanging above your head as you sat on the pot. Freak you out sometimes when the leaves touch you.