Saturday, January 29, 2011

Changing & Rearranging!

So, after telling my age yesterday, (blind, had to get larger laptop w/bigger screen, yadda yadda yadda.), I started looking around the house and thought... I wanna move things around. Yeah the spring fever bug is hitting me juuuuuust a little bit and I really want to do some rearranging of our furniture. First though, HHH wants to get a new flat screen TV. Well, if you're going to get a new flat screen, we need to have something to put it on, such as corner TV stands.

I want to get as much room as possible in our apartment. Putting the TV in the corner would help with that nicely! Don't get me wrong, we don't exactly live in a tiny hovel, but still, with three kids who love their gaming, maximizing our space to play Wii is pretty important! Our living room furniture isn't the regular set either. We have a couch and 2 recliners. After a hard day at derby, Mama likes to get her recline on! Recliners take up a whole lotta room too. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do for now, but sure as shootin' I'm gonna be moving something around.

Now for the fun part!! I have a $55 gift code to CSN Stores again! You'll remember the lovely Bubblewench won those spiffy steak brands last year? Well, she did and this year I want to give you the choice of what you get. A simple gift code will let you buy what ever you want from the hundreds of sites that CSN has!! They are awesome!! So here's the deal...

1. Leave me a comment about what you would change around in your house.

2. If you Twitter, tweet this post and leave me a separate comment that you did. I don't need the tweet url or anything like that. I trust ya! ;)

3. If you Facebook as well, share the post there too and leave a separate comment about that.

At the end of 10 days, I'll assign every comment a number and use a random number generator to choose the winner. I'll contact you, (and also do a post about it), and get you your $55 gift code and then away you go to buy a little something nice for yourself! So have at it people! Help me with ideas on what to do with my living room!!!

LEGAL JUNK: (The contest is open to residents of the US and Canada. Void where prohibited. I didn't receive compensation from CSN to write this post. I am just the vehicle for them to give away $55 in stuff!)

17 comments:

sybil law said...

'm ALWAYS changing things around in my house - this would come in handy no matter what or when I choose to do it again!

metalmom said...

We have a flat screen tv and the best thing we did was to mount it on the wall. It gave me room to lose a huge entertainment center and replace it with a more "credenza-looking" table. During the holidays, I had guests sitting directly in front of the tv while not blocking the screen from the kids. (And all the running around didn't shake the screen!)

metalmom said...

ps shared on FB too.

Cissa Fireheart said...

If I could change anything in my living, it would be the actual siting furniture. Mine is literally falling apart and I want to replace it desperately! Oh and I could use new end tables. I have a pretty sweet set up for the flatscreen, you've seen it...but those couches have GOT to go!

shiny said...

I would take a hint from MetalMom and wall-mount one of our TVs -- or, perhaps, sell the 32" and upgrade to a larger size to wall-mount. Our entertainment center takes up quite a lot of space, and it's underutilized.

Another option would be vacuum-packing comforters and pillows not currently used and stowing them...

Nicole said...

if i could change anything..i would just change my house...it's too damn small, don't suppose there's one of those for $55 is there??

Nicole said...

got ya on the Twitrawr

Nicole said...

aaaand the FB <3

Chubby pecker said...

I agree with wall mounting. One of the things I did to maximize space in my livingroom was to get a coffeetable with a storage shelf below it. My older dog's bed fits perfectly and he loves being in the middle of everything while we hang out!

shannon said...

we actually have plans for changing our living room around this summer. the most important for me is repainting, but the dumbasses who painted last did..something. I dunno? maybe they had a throw sand everywhere party while the paint was wet, because the walls feel like sandpaper.

I also want a sectional, but thats gonna be a loooong wait for that LOL

Mark said...

We're gearing up to repaint this spring. We've been living with the boring white that the builders used for far too long.

Kevin said...

I would change the flooring in our living room and kitchen as well as cabinets and countertops. We've got the new appliances so that part is covered.

Kathy in CAli said...

We're trying some paint chips in our kitchen as I key this one in! Neither one of us is very happy with the green & yellow atrocity that is our kitchen right now . . .

AmyD said...

Spring fever... I hear you. Barely out of January and I'm itching to throw the windows open, clean stuff out, dust, and rearrange furniture. Next project is ripping out the carpet and doing stained concrete flooring, then on to bead board wainscoting and crown molding in the family room. I enjoy it... but, I'd enjoy it more if I had a decent budget to work with.

Employee No. 3699 said...

Damn, I'm not a resident of the U.S. anymore!

ZenBitch said...

If I could change anything at all, it would be having my house just as it is now but WITHOUT my parents living in it with me! They moved in about a year ago because of financial difficulties on their part and ever since then, I've lost my mind on the daily! Oh, I'd also like to change out the living room furniture and put a big area rug down in the family room!

hello haha narf said...

i hate my bathroom. pink sink, pink toilet, pink tub, pink tile floor, pink tile accents, pink paint. the rest of the house has white walls. and there are NO outlets...not a one. what the fuck were they thinking? sigh.
so yeah, i'd change the bathroom first!
thanks for the giveaway. fun!