Friday, December 31, 2010

New

I wanted to write a post about how 2010 was my year of discovery, how it was so awesome and great and everything was all roses and clover.

Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. I couldn't even type that with a straight face!

The year was hard. Nothing stayed at any sort of reasonable level of acceptability. If a job was going well, it tanked for one reason or another. If the kids were doing well in school, something went haywire there. If relationships were flying high and going great, one of us fucked that up too.

I have come to the conclusion that I just need to constantly expect the worst. If I expect it, plan for it, and have a kind of survivalists view on the future, then maybe I'll quit getting sideswiped by shit. They say the best offense is a good defense, and I plan to put up a great one. I'm not going to throw down the gauntlet to 2011 by telling it to bring it on, but I just want to say I'm going to be ready for ya bitch! Expect a hip check and a vicious elbow to the jaw if you screw with me! I've taken people out before, I'll do it again!

2011.... you have been warned.


1 comment: