Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cartoons for a Cause.


Facebook is having some sort of whodo where everyone is changing their avatars to a cartoon character. It's supposed to show your support for preventing child abuse, but really, what good does it do? We see requests all the time to turn your avatar this color or that color, add a twibbon, change it to this or that... but what good does this really do? Yes showing your support is great and if it helps to raise awareness I am all for it, but really.... shouldn't we be doing something like donating funds, helping with education or volunteering? It just seems a better choice. Our family has our select charity that we donate to. The JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. With two kids diagnosed in early childhood with type 1 diabetes, it hits home for us and we make all of our charitable donations there. We're not rich, so we have to pick only one.

Anywho, I changed my avatar.... to the above photo. I think it's Alice in Wonderland and a French Maid. Yeah... a little tongue in cheek, but hey, I never said I was normal. So, moral of the story is, don't just change your avatar,

DO SOMETHING!!

3 comments:

Karl said...

Agreed, changing your avatar doesn't do much. Gotta get involved. Well said.

Poppy said...

My #1 way to prevent child abuse is to not abuse children. To not pass on/down/over that pattern. To treat kids like important human beings. To not treat them like objects that are a hassle to my life.

It's a grass roots effort, but to me it's invaluable.

Blondefabulous said...

KARL: Thanks.

POPPY: I think that is an excellent way to fix the problem. I wish everyone would do that.