Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Smart Is...


...wracking the shit out of your shoulder right before the biggest cooking holiday of the year! It was fun though! I didn't notice it so much last night when I basically tripped and fell backwards onto my left elbow, thus jarring my left shoulder. I should have a lovely bruise on that afore mentioned elbow just in time for the holiday as well.


For the moment, I am munching on Tylenol and alternating between hot and cold compresses to help alleviate the pain. When I woke up this morning t was almost unbearable to the point that I thought I had really done some damage, but then it popped and felt much better. I do think a nice hot soak in the tub is in order.... you know, for medicinal purposes. Then I need to start making my plan of attack for Thursday's dinner. Never approach a large meal with out a plan of how you're going to get it all done, otherwise you will have half done early then the other half done later.... not the kind of spread you want to put out. I do have a second oven at my disposal again this year, and I think I will use that for the turkey, then make the side dishes at my house since they will require more attention. Yes, I am very A/R when it comes to stuff like this. It's the caterer in me.


OK kids, gotta run. That shower is calling my name. Well, it's either the shower or the ice pack!

No comments: