Friday, November 12, 2010

The Run Around.


So..... I've been doing this running thing. It hasn't been too bad. I've mostly been doing the treadmill thing at the gym here where we live and I can usually bang out 4 miles in an hour consistently. You have to understand how big that is for me. Any other exercise I have done aside from the boot camp work outs has been on wheels. I got problems yo. I have bursitis in one knee, the other knee was wrecked into 13th St in Gainesville when I wrecked a motorcycle, my calf is still giving me problems. I exercised mostly on wheels because it didn't put so much pressure on my joints, but now that I've dropped about 70 pounds in the last year and a half, I have a lot less weight pushing on those joints,.... and so....

I start running.

I have friends who run. Lots of the roller girls run too. Derby is originally why I wanted to start running in the first place. I needed to increase my stamina and I didn't want to fuck up my expensive wheels on pavement skating outside. It just seemed natural. It has helped, too! I have a lot more stamina and can keep up with the Bradenton Ladies now(mostly). Now I just gotta get some goals. At first it was just run, but now I'm doing things like run a little farther, or go a little faster. Now I have decided on a big goal. I want to run the Sarasota Half Marathon. I have time to train for this. It's in March. I just have to make sure I keep motivated to do it.

Being strong and looking hot should be great motivation, right??

3 comments:

Finn said...

Excellent! Go for it!

Employee No. 3699 said...

You go girl! Keep up the good work.

Nicole said...

Awesomesauce!! I will totally go to the marathon and be there to cheer you on!! NOT running with you though...I think I run like a 40 minute mile...lol