Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pain In The....

Head!

I had a migraine that started around 7:30pm Monday night and didn't quit till about 10:30pm Tuesday night!! I should have known it was coming because on Sunday morning I had those flashy lights in my peripheral vision. I figured since it didn't come on right away, I was ok and wasn't going to get the migraine. WRONG-O!! I got to derby practice, got my gear on, and even made it through warm ups, then

WACK!

It felt like someone had just smacked me in the head with a tire iron! I had to sit down before I puked all over the track. Once I sat down, it started feeling like there was a guy trying to dig my left eyeball out of it's socket with a dull ice cream scoop!! I tried to shake it off and get back on the track, But Frenchie and Prosehack took a look at me and said my pupils weren't matching. (One was bigger than the other!!) I called HHH and asked him to come get me! I medicated up and went to bed.

Tuesday dawned and I was still feeling poorly. HHH had to take the kids to school for me because I still couldn't see straight. I basically stayed in bed for the day. Didn't do squat. HHH took care of everything for me. Around 10pm I started to feel better. During the day I entertained notions from several people about why I have had several migraines in a short amount of time. I have been examining my diet, exercise, and lifestyle and I have come up with.....

Aspartame!

I love the Crystal Light packets! The small ones that you empty into a 20oz bottle of H2O are great. I can grab a few, put them in my purse, and instead of a soda, get a bottle of water and make my own great tasting drink. The Mango Peach flavor is my fave! Well, after timing when I had my last migraine to when I had purchased a new pack of Crystal Light drink mix packets. Yep.... they coincided. In fact, for the last couple of months, every time I had a bad headache, I had just bought a new box of drink mix packets!

So, yeah. Apparently when I was eating all the processed sugar crap,even though it wasn't healthy, it didn't mess with my head, but the minute I decide to get healthy, start eating better and go for a 0 calorie beverage alternative.... BOOM! I guess there are pitfalls everywhere when you're trying to be healthy.

So, long story short... I am back, I'm better, and I am cutting out the aspartame for now. What do you guys cut out to feel better??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crack. I find that when I cut back on the crack cocaine, I feel better, and tend to have a little extra money at the end of the month.

Finn said...

Lovely, lovely cigarettes. ;)

Bubblewench said...

I cut sugar and caffeine. Works wonders. As a matter of fact, I have been mostly sugar free and caffeine free for a few years. If I eat sugar or have caffeine, I can totally feel the difference.

Glad you are feeling better. Hope the no aspertame thing works.

Blondefabulous said...

ANON: Uh..... ok. Good for you then.

FINN: That is one habit I am glad I never started. It look so hard to quit it, almost like my Little Debbie addiction.

BUBBLEWENCH: NOOOOO! I have to have my caffeine!!!

Employee No. 3699 said...

I used to stay away from caffeine, but I can't find decaf coffee or diet Pepsi in India.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Migraines are a bitch.