Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Who Am I?!?

I just don't know anymore!! LOL, I say this because I ran today. Not ran from or to something.... I actually got my butt in the gym and ran. Now I have been running here and there, but I haven't really been able to be serious about it because I was always crazy as Hell at work. Now that work is no longer in the equation, I have time to take an hour or so for me and just zone out to the iPod and go.

That's what I did today. I started out slow, basically walking really fast then I ramped up the treadmill and just took off at an easy pace. I just kept going and going till I looked down and an hour had gone by. I had run for an entire hour!!! I was surprised!! So I slowed down and stopped the machine and checked the distance and it said 3.6 miles. Holy crap!! 3.6 miles?? In 60 minutes??? That's farther than I have ever really gotten before, (that I knew of). I'm thinking of maybe working on training for a half marathon eventually. That can be a far off goal for me. In the present I will go for 4 miles in 1 hour. Baby steps people... baby steps.

So,.... who is this woman that I see in the mirror?? She plays Roller Derby! She goes to fitness boot camp! She runs for fun! She is healthier than she has been in 10 years!!!

Oh yeah..... that's me!

1 comment:

Project Fatherhood said...

fitness always makes things better.