Thursday, October 28, 2010

Holy Weird Ass Spooky Shit, Batman!!


Ok, I have made it known before on here about ghostly encounters I have had, such as when I lived in Memphis and experienced the floating grocery incidents courtesy of working in a building built on a Tunica Indian burial mound, and again in the bad Ju Ju house here in Sarasota. I usually just brush stuff like that off. Stuff happens. Acknowledge it, move on. Today freaked me out a little...

I had purchased a new toothbrush the other day. One of those jazzy battery powered types with the gum massagers and differently angled bristles. It is tre' fabulous! I've had it for a week or so now and because I am wired a little differently than most, I have it and my toothpaste in the shower. (I shower before bed and it just makes sense to brush my teeth while conditioning my hair.) So today I was in my bathroom doing..... uh...... bathroom things when I hear a noise. A weird pulsing noise. At first I thought the lawn guys were outside, but they come on Tuesday, not Thursday. Then I look around and I realize it's coming from the shower. I call in my daughter (I am SO brave!) and make her stand in the doorway as I throw open the shower curtain and look to see what is making the noise.....

It's the tooth brush!

More importantly, it's the tooth brush that has a toggle switch where you have to push down really hard to get it to switch on! The tooth brush that suddenly has decided to go slap ass crazy! I reach up to grab it off the shelf and I press the off side of the toggle switch.

Nothing. It is already in the OFF position.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!

My daughter gets really huge eyes as I have to switch the tooth brush on, then off again to get it to stop making noise. I take a deep breath, think with my rational mind, and say to myself, "Well, maybe keeping it in the shower wasn't a good idea. The dampness may have addled it.". So to alleviate this, I place it on the bathroom counter.

Later we leave to go to a party the complex is having to raise funds for breast cancer research. HHH volunteered me to help out and I manned the dessert table for the duration. It turned out well and they raised $165 in donations. After helping to clean up, we rode back to the house and got ready to get in the shower. I looked to the counter to grab my tooth brush......

And it was gone!

A quick search revealed it to be on the floor across the bathroom from where I had placed it earlier.

Once more, with feeling... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!

I may be getting a new tooth brush.
(Unless this is some elaborate prank by HHH and my children.)

Happy Halloween Everyone!

3 comments:

Finn said...

Oh, it's got be a prank. Maybe not the mysterious buzzing (it's a battery operated thing, it can go wonky), but across the room? Someone's playing with you.

Keep us updated.

Nicole said...

it could have been across the room because it turned itself on again and buzzed its way off the counter onto the floor :)

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: I am hoping for prank, yet HHH and the kids swear up and down it's not them. We shall see...

NICOLE:That's what I'm thinking too. Still, weird that a product that is to be used in H2O is all wonky from being in the shower that it acts haunted!