Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good-Bye.

I tend to have problems saying good bye. I prefer to think in terms of, "till we meet again", but lately...... There are a few things I need to say good bye to.
  • Work. Work has become insufferable. I really liked Boss Lady at first. When she bought the company, she had all these grand plans, ideas, and excitement. Now I see that that excitement was going to come at the price of working me into the ground. Being a childless, unfettered, well off woman... she doesn't understand family, kids, and the importance of being there for the ones you love when they need you. I took the demotion in stride, but just recently, she emailed a work contract to me that was completely different from the terms we had spoken about in person. She changed the pay rates she said I would be paid, the nature of my job with the company, and left in several open ended clauses that basically said I was going to be her bitch when ever and where ever. Uh.... no thank you. I am turning in my 2 week notice as of this past Monday. HHH has been run ragged with the kids, work, and me and I need to support him. I need to know I am valued at a company, not just a warm body to abuse.
  • SRG. I am in love with roller derby! I love the sport. I love the team work. I love the camaraderie. Even though the SRG has had its ups and downs... I still love my team. Unfortunately, with me quitting work, I am going to have to officially switch teams to Bradentucky. The distance would just be too great for me to travel on just one income. The ladies in Bradenton have accepted me with open arms and great enthusiasm. I have been able to contribute to practices, learn new things at an exponential rate, and be encouraged at every turn. I haven't wanted to lose my edge in SRG's off season, so I have been taking practice with Bradentucky and it has showed in my skating. I asked the ladies last night if their "illegal alien" could get resident status on their roster and the answer was a resounding yes! Now, the difficult part of breaking that to my current team. I love those ladies of the SRG to death. I am torn about this decision, but fiscal realities are what they are. I won't give up Derby.... I'm just modifying it for me!

So there I am.

6 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Wow. Big changes! I wish you the best of luck. Take care of yourself and your family.

Russ said...

It makes no sense staying in a miserable spot just to get a paycheck. There are other jobs and you will find one (should you want to). Or be like me and go back to school!

Finn said...

Good for you for doing things to make your life easier and nicer... onward to better things!

Poppy said...

Best of luck with quickly getting another job where they value you, as they should!!!!

And yay for a positive move in derby, even though you don't wanna. :)

I don't care what feminism taught us, I am happy when a woman realizes her family is important to her, more so than her career. We work to live.

Nicole said...

*sniffle* I'm going to miss you at work :( but I feel you...I have an interview tomorrow morning

metalmom said...

Good for you. I hope the change works out for you and HHH. Goodbyes are always hard.

Good luck!