Sunday, July 18, 2010

This Place Is A Zoo!

After an interesting morning where our van decided to try and shit itself at an intersection, we headed to the Lowery Park Zoo today for some family interaction. I had heard from Dr Spank N Hurter that it was $5 day at the zoo via Facebook. The van is ok, just a battery thing. The part where I almost broke my leg was where it shut off at an intersection, HHH got out, but forgot to put it in park, and I had to throw off my seatbelt, dive across the front seat, and smash down the brake with my hands to keep us from rolling back into the car that was behind us! Yes, I am a woman of action!!!
Then it was off to see the penguins....
Feed the Rhinos....
Pet the Rhinos.....
Feed the Giraffes......
And get to know the zoo inhabitants a little better all up close and personal!

It was good we got a head start this morning, because the main parking lot was already full by 9:30am and we had to park over at the dog track and take the shuttle to the zoo! It was nice. The zoo was on par with others we had been to. The Memphis Zoo was a favorite when we lived there, and one of the few things I actually miss about that town. We would buy the family membership every year and make the most of it! I wish this wasn't as far away as it is from us. I'd like to get a family membership to this one. I love the zoo, and I love the ecological lessons my kids learn there.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

I always love going to the zoo! Sounds like it was a nice day (except for the car thing)