Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ravenous

OK all you exercise-y people.... I need suggestions. When I get out of derby practice, even if I have eaten a great dinner before, I..... am...... STARVING when we get out! And it doesn't matter what I eat before practice either. High carb, low carb, extra protien, veggies...... I am still dying when I get out! My usual deal is to grab a couple of jello shots and head to Sonic or Taco Bell on the way home, but uh..... at 10:30 at night.... I feel like crap the next morning. The food sits in my stomach overnight and just blegh! So what do you people do for something like this...And don't say "Exercise earlier" because that isn't an option. Our time slot is 8:45 to 10pm. Is there something I can eat before hand or a better option afterwards??

Let the suggestions flow!!

6 comments:

Russ said...

I would go with a yogurt parfait. Just some fruit, yogurt, and granola. You may need to find granola that is gluten free. But it's light and tasty.

Finn said...

Fruit and either cheese or nuts. Some combo of protein and carbs.

Is there any way you could bring a snack with you and eat it in between rounds or something? That way you wouldn't be starving afterward and could just eat something light.

Christina LMT said...

Eat a protein bar afterward, SLOWLY. And/or take a protein shake with you, too. I like the EAS Carb Control shakes. 110 calories, 17 grams of protein (I believe...I'm too lazy to get up and check! ;)).

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: I'd have to make it myself then. The chances of me finding a gluten free parfait at a restaurant is slim to none.

FINN: Unfortunately, we only stop for water breaks. We have a short time and snack break isn't on the agenda.

That sounds good, but I'd have to make sure they're gluten free.

Poppy said...

Cheesy eggs with a side of soy sausage if you're really hungry.

Blondefabulous said...

POPPY: Soy sausage? OMG!!!! I would shrivel up and die from stuff like that!