Monday, June 21, 2010

Um... Still Owwie!

So I may have tweaked my shoulder pretty good at the bout. While I may not have separated it, it is pretty darn sore. I was texting and IM-ing with several people who are in the medical field, and the general consensus was tendinitis in my rotator cuff from a really hard hit. Actually, it was probably several hits that just finally culminated in one big owwie at the end of the bout. Oh well.... no pain, no gain.

There was a point Monday that I was cursing up a storm at work because the pain was radiating down my elbow through to my fingers. It was ridiculous! Then it started to ease off finally. I think I will ply it liberally with Tylenol again,..... and maybe a cherry slushie from Sonic laced with vodka. Heh.....

And last but not least, I made a little TV time at the bout apparently. One of the lovely ladies I skated with, the awesome Texas ToastHer, is involved with Mote Marine here in Sarasota. She was doing a short(10 second) piece for the local TV news about how we were donating $1 from every adult ticket to the Gulf Recovery that Mote was coordinating. Right after the interview with her, you see a shot of us skating and I actually made an awesome hit that cleared one of the ATL girls to the floor!!! I actually look like I know what I'm doing! Who knew?? anywhoo.... here's the link to it...

So now.... I am going to do a few shots and head to bed. Loooooong practice tomorrow deconstructing all our mistakes from Saturday!

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Nice hit! Cool. No wonder your shoulder hurts. Hope it feels better soon!

Blondefabulous said...

BUBBLEWENCH: I think I just tweaked it pretty bad. It was probably cumulative over the course of the bout! We'll see how it does art practice tonight!