Monday, June 28, 2010

D'oh!

HHH brought something to my attention that had apparently slipped my mind....

I have to add Mr. Bun to the side bar.

I guess I was waiting to see if he'd like us. Just testing the waters, so to speak. Note I said if HE liked US. Lots of people get a pet suddenly, on a whim. They don't research the breed, don't look into the long run costs of care and upkeep, don't look into the temperament of the animal to see if it would be a good fit. Not so with me and my family. Mostly me though......

When HHH said we were going to be taking home the foundling rabbit, I immediately got on line and Wiki'd the breed of rabbit, I found out about their diet, exercise, snacking habits, cage requirements, the whole she-bang! Then I went out and got fresh food, orchard grass, gnawing toys, and bedding. For the first week, it was a little sketchy. We were basically trying to fatten Mr. Bun up from the almost starving end he barely escaped. After that, we just let him be and hoped he would like us. Now, he's not like a puppy, but after a few weeks Mr. Bun has warmed up to us. Heck, the other day I had him out and exercising in the evening after I got home from work and I walked up to me bedside and suddenly, I had a bunny licking my foot. Surprised the hell out of me. I basically took it as his way of saying I was ok.

So here we go..... Welcome to the family Mr. Bun!

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Yeah for you guys! And a happy Mr. Bun!

Putz said...

i am still on your side bar, so i guess to share it with a rabbit wold be ok by me>love the putz