Friday, May 28, 2010

SRG and Bradenton Bout #22 Final

Here is the last Jam of the Bradenton Bout. The one where I took out my frustrations 3 times. Don't know if it was the same girl each time, or if it was 3 different players...... I just hit anything that was in white and took them DOWN!! Just so you know, I am the one in the pink helmet with the black stripe. That's the Pivot position. If you look closely, you'll see me take out the lead blocker from the other team, come around the corner, and whip our jammer around into the lead jammer!!! Not bad for someone who has only been doing roller derby since August!


Enjoy!

8 comments:

Karl said...

Very cool! One of these days, I'll get out to see you live!

Blondefabulous said...

KARL: Your next chance is June 19th as the SRG takes on the ATL Toxic Shocks!!!! C'mon down Candypants!

Poppy said...

It was so pretty in there! Loved watching you all go round and round.

I got all excited about becoming a roller derby girl... and then I remembered I have a bum ankle that is bad enough I can't support my weight on it so I have to live vicariously through you. :)

Blondefabulous said...

POPPY: Thanks. Perhaps just simple regular roller skating will help build up strength in youe ankle, then you could try roller derby??

Russ said...

I have no idea what I just saw.

Putz said...

me either, what is it that i just saw?????

Putz said...

what a picture, you necked in bed

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: Basically, The girl with the star on her helmet has to run the gauntlet through all the other players, then after lapping them once, she gets a point for every opposing player she laps again. My job as a pivot/blocker is to keep an eye on everyone, call out where the opposing jammer is so our blockers can stop her from moving through and scoring. Being able to whip my jammer ahead of the opposing one and put her in front in scoring position is icing on the cake.

PUTZ: See above comment.