Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I"m In!

I found out that I am on the roster for the next derby bout last night! Awesome! I can't wait. The bout is on April 3rd, so there isn't much time between now and then to get our plays and shit together. Last night was the first practice after Lisa broke her leg. It affected all of us too. At first when we were doing hitting drills, no one wanted to hit really hard for fear of hurting someone else. After a few go rounds though, we got back into our groove. I was going around doing a blocking maneuver when we all got in a tangle and I went down. It was all good though. The cute thing about it was I had Morgan and Junior at practice with me because their school had their skate night fund raiser right before. Morgan runs over to the rink wall and in her cute little squeaky voice asks, "Mommy are you OK?" I was touched. I popped back up from the floor and reassure her that yes, mommy was just fine. (Cue the sappy "Aaaawwwwwww" right about here.)

So now I am tired as hell, a little sore, and totally psyched that I get to represent the SRG on April 3rd!

1 comment:

Finn said...

Congratulations! You've been working hard and it's paid off.

Good luck! Give 'em hell!