Sunday, March 28, 2010

Counting Down.

Well, it is officially the week before the derby bout. This is where I start drinking more water, cutting out eating the extra crap that I really should cut out all the time, (But don't), and getting my head into the game. Sounds trite, I know, but hey... it's what I do. Unfortunately, I have one of the team leaders at work out all next week on vacation, so I have to run a cleaning team all week. Meh... it will help with my endurance. I just have to make sure I have plenty of water to take along with me. I also have to lay off the soda.

OMG! I have had a looooooooong love affair with soda! When I was a child I remember watching my mom and dad com home from the grocery store with the 8 pack of bottles of Coca Cola. Then as time wore on we moved on to cans, then 20oz, and so on and so forth.... Along the way I found out I like Coke better than Pepsi, unless we're talking about Cherry Coke and Wild Cherry Pepsi. For some unknown reason, Cherry Coke gives me TERRIBLE heartburn! For the longest time I thought it was the cherry flavoring agent that did it, but one day I tried Wild Cherry Pepsi and lo and behold.... NO HEART BURN!! I was OMG! I can have a cherry beverage again. Seems trivial to you, but for me it was teh awesome! Now when I go to Taco Bell(because they are one of the few fast food places who use corn products) I can get some nachos and a Wild Cherry Pepsi! Whoo hoo.

Not that I'm going to have a lot of fast food this week anyway. Gotta cut back on that as well. I think the only indulgence I will be having this week is one of the amazingly awesome smoothies at Jimski's here in Sarasota. This is a man who moved from his ancestral home in Chicago to bring Chicago dogs to the people of Florida! OMG they are sooooo good. Never thought I'd be able to eat anything that had electric green relish on it but I am hooked on them now. Add to that the real fruit and ingredient smoothies he makes and we are talking serious addiction here! The kind of addiction you need Dr Drew to fix for you! Yeah.... it's like that. Still, I won't be indulging in the hot dogs, just the smoothies! Oh and no alcohol. (GASP!) Nope, not gonna partake in the usual jello shots after practice either. Yes I guess one could say I'm in training!

This is where I ask for something from my intrepid readers..... I need a cheering section. Nothing gets us roller girls moving faster and hitting harder than hearing the roar of the crowd and our names being chanted!! We had 700 people at the last bout, but I wasn't skating then.....

I am now.

So come on! Come to beautiful Sarasota Florida on Saturday April 3rd and come see Blondefabulous #11 and the rest of the deadly lovelies of the SRG!!!

No comments: