Monday, February 22, 2010

Really?!?

Today was a Monday. Just isn't a better way to put it. I had to go to the dreaded crazy woman's house. You know, the one that thought it was OK to snatch me around like a child? Yeah her. I kept out of arm's reach so I could stay out of jail. I had already decided that if she touched me again, I was going to pack up my shit and my girls and leave right then and there. Luckily it didn't come to that. Instead, I found out that they are showing the condo to sell it! Oh! Em! Gee! I will hopefully not EVER have to see that psycho bitch ever again!!!! I can dream.

After that, I went back to the office. I had to get the paper work done for the next day, set up some appointments for cleaning, wash the laundry for the day, oh and try to update our Quickbooks version and transfer our Merchant Services account to the newer version so we could take credit cards.

WTF!!!

At first glance, it seemed like there was a bug in the transfer. I followed the blinking screen to a phone number. I call the phone number and after plinking in several numbered phone options, I reach Rajneesh on the other end, only Rajneesh says his name is Steve and he'd really like to help me.

ME: "OK Rajneesh, I need to switch my info from one version to another. How do I do this?"
RAJNEESH: "I will be happy to help you. First let me tell you about the wonderful 2010 edition you need to switch to so you will be able to do this."
ME: "But I don't want to switch to the 2010 version. The 2007 version works just fine for us, but we need to process our credit card customers, so just help me switch the merchant info over and activate it there please."
RAJNEESH: "Certainly ma'am. But let me first explain the wonderful discounts and amazing tech support you can get with the 2010 version of our product..."
ME: "No thank you. All I want is to move my merchant account to this 2007 version so I can take credit cards. THAT"S ALL."
RAJNEESH: "I would be happy to do this for you, but let me first tell you....."

And this went on and on and on. No matter how many times I said "no" this guy would not take no for an answer. I finally had to hand the phone over to Boss Lady and she went all Assertive Control Freak on the guy. In the end, we got our stuff changed over. I'm waiting for the next credit card customer to try it out.

What is it with these people? They make you have to call them so you can get support, then harangue you to within an inch of your life to buy this that and the other! Give it a break already! If I had wanted to buy your other crap, I wouldn't have bought the crap I already have! Is it a selling thing? Do they put these bugs in the system so you have to call them for help then they pounce on you?? What ever the hell it is, I can do without it.

As it is, we are updated, and ready to go.
Now, can I get an update on my rack? The 1972 model is sagging a little!!

1 comment:

delmer said...

If only all psycho bitches were that easy to get rid of...

And, if only men would accept the fact that "no" means "no." Even when it applies to software upgrades.